Women in Marketing (WIM) CIC are pleased to announce the 9th annual global Women in Marketing Awards – recognising and celebrating the achievements of women in the marketing, advertising and communications fields around the globe. For the third year the Awards will be open to global entries, with the awards in 2018 being received by winners from South Africa, the USA, South America and the Middle East. The awards ceremony will take place on the 13 th November 2019 at an exclusive private members club in central London with historical links to music icon David Bowie and Jimi Hendricks. The event will be hosted by Tamara Gillan, CEO of Cherry London.
In 2004, Ade Onilude, a then member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Central London team, identified a need for women in marketing to be recognised and celebrated. This led to the first WiM event coinciding with International Womens Day on Work-Life Balance. Since then, the annual WiM events have grown and tackled topics such as ethical marketing, the creatives, branding and diversity in marketing, with the purpose of provoking discussion and inspiring women in marketing and the wider business community.
The popularity of the events led to the introduction of the awards in 2010; celebrating the achievements of women in the industry. Past WiM Award winners have included senior executives from HP, Burberry, Google, Facebook, Hearst UK, Havas, Diageo and Ogilvy & Mather.
Every year the WiM Awards reflect industry trends to recognise innovative work. For 2019 we focus on the ground-breaking work being done to improve the lives of people with the introduction of two new categories in the Health and Wellness sector: Best Marketing Leader in Creating Change in Health & Wellness Award and Health & Wellness Public Campaign Award. All thirteen award categories can be viewed here.
The judging panel for this year’s awards comprises of influential individuals, identified and chosen to reflect the global reach of this year’s awards and high standard of entries expected. The panel comprises of:
- Tamara Gillan – CEO, Cherry London
- Gini Sharvill – Global Brand Manager, Haagen Dazs
- Henry Windridge – Head of Brand, Middle East & Africa, Discovery
- Patrícia Weiss – Chairwoman of the Branded Content Marketing Association (BCMA), South America
- Nicola Kemp – Managing Editor of Bite at CreativeBrief
- Asha Ranchhod Patel – Head of Marketing, Google South Africa
- Faisal Ahmed – Digital Marketing Consultant
- Mack McKelvey – Founder/CEO, The Credentialed, USA
- Carolina Pinherio – Co-Founder & CEO, Inbrax Chile
- Gabriela Lungu – Founder, Wings Creative Leadership Lab
- Helen Hammond – CEO & Founder, ELE Global
- Doug Zanger – Senior Editor, Adweek
- Maral Kalajian – Head of Marketing & Communications, Watty
- Louise Ridley – Freelance Journalist
The 2019 Global WiM Awards is now open for entries from brands, agencies as well as individuals around the world and hopes to highlight the need to recognise diversity and the inclusive behaviours of the industry.
A huge thank you to the WiM Awards sponsors for their continued support:
- IPG – Headline Agency sponsor
- AXIM Global – Inspirational Leader in Customer Experience Award category sponsor
- Profiles Creative – Best Leader in Marketing Award category sponsor
- Intuit – Change Maker Award category sponsor
“This year’s ceremony is set to be an amazing evening celebrating the achievements of the stars of the marketing world. I look forward to meeting fellow colleagues, female and male, from the world of marketing and business for what will be an exclusive fun-filled evening.”
Ade Onilude, Founder & CEO of Women in Marketing.